Symbols or design software - Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbunney

Reaction score
Does any one know where I can get a cheap, or better still free, copy of some design software that will allow me to make up circuit diagrams for domestic installations?

Or even just the symbols that I can import into a word document would do.

Thanks in advance

nbunney

i know there is a microsoft package called visio but that costs

i did have it but now cannot find it.

fs

Sorry Mate, I only know of one (which you probably know about), That is expensive but top class, apparently.

There is even an update out now for 2008, which, I believe includes the 17 th edition udates too? :|

You could adapt an electronics / circuit board package to do the job and there are a number of freebies around on the net.

For schematics, you would need to create the electrical symbols yourself, as not many of the electronics symbols would be applicable to electrical installation work.

This is exactly the approach that I have used, and it does work. The package I use is called Ranger and it is made by a company called Seetrax. Some of the older versions are freely downloadable from their website.

Yup, that seems to have worked. If you want free software to go with it then try Serif who were allowing free downloads of Drawplus 4. Basic but all that is needed.

Regards, John.

yep thats the smartdraw...dont have it myself...i use visio......but seen people who use it , ok for a free program