Tea Drinking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget all this technical stuff , all this worrying about zones in bathrooms , forget Part Pee  , the important stuff is Part Tea .

So I'm doing three jobs at the moment with three different builders and turns are taken to make the tea, my turn today.

I noticed that on two of the jobs , tea is made at six different times , the other only about three.   Today 36 cuppas were drunk between us .

Is this a local thing or does anyone have more ?

I was on site last year i've got 3 sparks with me,there's 5 builders and 2 pipe fitters we all contributed with purchasing the tea,sugar and milk but the biggest  bug bear with me is the COFFEE drinkers getting coffee granuales in the sugar as the slightest taste makes me sick.

So after a few choice words regarding this it still happened so sugar went in the bin i did this twice then they finally got the message no coffee in the sugar after that.

I think tea should be constantly available, this week has been poor, I've only been offered 1 cuppa! It has to be tea, I can't drink coffee at work and I never make, I'm a skilled tradesman and tell people I would be kicked out of the electricians trade union if its reported I made tea or swept up!. I normally wouldn't refuse a cuppa however on one job we noticed the toilet scrubbing brush and holder in the dishwasher!....... so we declined

Never say no to a brew. On a board change the first words are.............................."do you want to boil the kettle before I turn off the power?".................that normally gets the first brew on its way.

Instructions to those who are making my brew;

Dash of milk (if you cant do a dash I will have a black tea) no sugar & strong enough so the spoon can stand up.

Love it, hardly ever refuse if minimum hygiene is ok.  

If it doesnt come in a can (or bottle) then I dont drink it.!
Thats friday night and all of saturday usually.  Rest if the week i give it a rest.  

Recently worked in a house and they must have had 300 dirty cups all covered in 10 years of dust on pine shelves in the kitchen.  Needless to say i went to the local newsagent and got some bottled drinks.

However on a normal day, 2 cups of tea before leaving the house and another when starting work. After that, tea or a nice strong coffee (but not cheapo bitter nescafe!) will do.

Never drink tea, only coffee (or alcohol).

I find plumbers the worst tea drinkers, i have asked a few and they all gave similar  replies that they say to the householder 'i'm turning the water off, so make sure the kettles full' They didn't want a cuppa but the householder thinks its a hint & over the years they have just got used to always drinking .

I'm the same as Dave said above, i wouldn't drink anything offered in about 40% of houses worked in  due to the filthy conditions.

My mate is a welder....he drinks Earl Grey tea and leaves the bag in the cup.

His brother is a miller/ turner and has 2 cups of tea in small cups instead of one larger cup

Worked in a posh house, back in the day. Offered me a brew....FFS time time and Sweaty Phil the affected accented long haired artefact guesser could have told you the brew history of the cup by the tannin rings on it. I waited for her to leave the room, ditched the tea and went to put the offending receptacle in the dishwasher. Opened dishwasher door to be faced with the toilet brush!

Just vomiting

Builders tea from Asda if I am on a long job,,,,,

my way to get a brew after I have restored power  is to put the kettle on to check there is enough power coming thru......

So how do you guys make your tea

teabag,,,water ,,,teabag out,,,milk....sugar   done

I never drink tea or anything from customers houses, you just dont no whats been in them cups. I always do a flask before i leave and have a bottle of water to hand.

My mate is a welder....he drinks Earl Grey tea and leaves the bag in the cup.

His brother is a miller/ turner and has 2 cups of tea in small cups instead of one larger cup

Worked in a posh house, back in the day. Offered me a brew....FFS time time and Sweaty Phil the affected accented long haired artefact guesser could have told you the brew history of the cup by the tannin rings on it. I waited for her to leave the room, ditched the tea and went to put the offending receptacle in the dishwasher. Opened dishwasher door to be faced with the toilet brush!

Just vomiting
Class! I heard of shall we say a large "toy" being found in a dishwasher!  :lol:

Latest posts