Tesla Gateway

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelt321

Reaction score
Hi im looking for a bit of advice or a swopping of installation knowledge.

Ive installed 3 powerwalls with different set ups ,ie solar / stand alone / and current job is a rural installation with a tt system.
Dont know if im overthinking this ........
set up is
3 x tesla batteries
solar p.v in field
wind turbine.
This property has a supply at the bottom of the field to a cabinet which houses a switch fuse that supplies a timedelay RCD (original).
The client has has a shed built adjacent cabinet to house all inverters and gateway also batteries.
This shed also has a small DB that runs his water filtration system with lighting and power.
Here is where looking for a bit advice, the tesla power wall instructions show a Main RCD inside the gateway which serves a number of mcbs and i was looking for a bit discrimination by adding RCBOs instead of a global RCD. has anyone installed rcbos in gateway and did they install a main switch with a dinrail mounted neutral bar for the rcbo neutral leads of just connect the rcbo tails to the gate way neutral bar.

Bit long winded but i hope you get the gist ....TIA
gateway.gif

Sounds like a perfectly viable idea to install RCBOs instead of a shared RCD, using the existing neutral bar.

I've not installed any Tesla gear, so could be talking rubbish, but electrically, I can't see any difference between 'standard' and what you propose.

Latest posts