Testing multiple sub mains

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlsreef

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

working with a friend of mine who is showing me the ropes whilst studying and likes me to research myself before he points me in the right direction.

We have a single phase supply going into a three phase distribution board with six sub mains coming off to seperate pre-wired temporary living huts for fruit pickers.

he's asked me how i would fill out the installation certificates for each hut.

am i right in saying i would do a ze test from the main supply then a seperate zs test on each sub main from the consumer unit plus a R1 and R2 on the swa cable for each one and a psc and pfc.

on the certificate i presume i won't be filling in the overcurrent protection device and would i need to do an insulation resistance test and how if i do.

any help appreciated.

many thanks

First off,

Im not sure if I understand this correctly, but, how do you have a single phase supply feeding a 3ph DB?

Has it been linked out to change it to a single ph board?

If you've been asked to test the lot then use the tp db as the origin & test each submain as individual circuits, then continuation sheets for each hut db & associated circuits, Ze at these boards will be the Zs of the submain & pfc/pscc will need to be done.

At your 3 phase board I suspect as steps has said it's a single phase convertion kit in use