The queen's birthday

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
In the news today there are a few stories about the approaching celebrations for the queen's 90th birthday, why oh why are so many people making such a fuss over the fact that a member of one of the biggest families of freeloaders has managed to reach that age? Let's be honest now, she's never worked, she has everything done for her, has the best of everything and wants for nothing, so why the big deal? I'm more amazed at how some of the normal pensioners reach the ages they do, considering they've worked as hard as they have and a lot of them struggle to make ends meet. I remember a few years before the queen mother died,  there was an article in the news about how she'd scalded herself running a bath, apparently the royal bath filler wasn't around and she didn't realise she had to put cold water in it as well as hot!  

When I look at the state of the country today I get very annoyed at the growing chasm between the have's and have not's, even more amazing is the crass stupidity of certain people, mention  doing away with the monarchy and they cry "but who will replace them? What will we do without them? They don't cost much to keep, they bring so much into the country" Well other country's did away with their royals years ago and they seem to be doing fine, if we got rid of them we could turn the palaces into hotels,think of how much money the foreign visitors would pay to stay in them, and as regards to the cost, well cockroaches cost very little to keep but I'm sure that most people wouldn't want to keep a load of them.

All weekend the news has been full of pictures of William and Kate travelling on their latest jolly outing,there was even a photo of them sat on that bench at the Taj Mahal  in a replica of the famous Diana photo,yet this is the same bloke who having got a plum job as a pilot for the air ambulance service has actually flown for less than  month since he took up the position.No I'm definitely sick and tired of seeing the normal person make cutback after cutback due to this so called "austerity" that according to dodgy Dave we're all in it together,then having photo's of simpering dim-witted idiots who's only aim in life is to scrounge as much as they can,forced upon me from all directions.

The government  keep harping on about getting rid of the scroungers and those who do nothing but seem to think they are entitled to a living,well start by getting rid of the royals,they are far bigger scroungers than any person on benefits.

She's never worked eh?

Most normal people would have retired 30 years ago, but she carries on representing the country and performing official duties.  I don't think it's been a life of sitting on her aris.

Sometimes Phil you have to accept the 'it just is' , so you have the royal family and 'it just is' then you have the Niceic and 'it just is' both scrounge as you put it but both have many followers!!

It Just Is :)  

It's not a job I would want to be honest....

Hardly having any spare time to your self...

Always having someone trying to find some sort of negative news about you...

Always having to be nice,,, no matter what you think or how you feel...

Never being able to have a proper opinion...

Seeing lots of stuff happening that you cannot do anything about...

To be fair the monarchy are absolute puppets of the government and the people,, OK so they live in nice houses, have nice clothes, have the best health care that you could buy, eat nice food and are waited on hand and foot.....

don't you think that they'd like to do things for themselves from time to time

there was an article in the news about how she'd scalded herself running a bath, apparently the royal bath filler wasn't around and she didn't realise she had to put cold water in it as well as hot!  

That's begging the question, how did she know to put the plug in?! :slap

Latest posts