Too Much Blue Peter?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off..........YES I DID IT!

Looking at the ISS offers the other day and I thought what an excellent price for the Lightmate kit. Half cursing (I paid twice the price for mine a while back) I thought well they're worth their weight in time saved, wouldn't be without mine etc. Until today when I found my BC adapter MISSING! I would swear I put it back last time but then I thought I'd locked the back door to the house the other night and woke up to it wide open........................CEF was local but didn't sell singles just the kit for £80+VAT!

So...........necessity being the mother of invention and all that.............

Take one broken CF bulb, the lid off a can of PCB lacquer and a couple of 4mm sockets (only had brn, blk & green):

NOT forgetting the roll of black tape!

I know I shouldn't but I'm off to find a broken ES lamp!

:coat

You forgot the sticky backed plastic (or was the tape in lieu of that?)

And it should have been a washing up liquid bottle. 
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

You forgot the sticky backed plastic (or was the tape in lieu of that?)

And it should have been a washing up liquid bottle. 
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
The green plastic lid off of a semi skimmed milk container was first tried but ditched as it looked too "unprofessional"  :lol:

I was going to fill the "hollow" lamp body with potting compound and just set the 4mm sockets in it but it seemed a waste on a temporary "bodge" job! TBH the lamp bodies are quite brittle.

Just realised I got the original 4mm sockets from RS. Had to make do with some cheapo ones from Maplin. The GU10 was interesting, had to remove the glass then dig the lamp out and drill up each pin to remove the wire. Soldered in a couple of wires then secured with a slug of 5 minute epoxy:

I know I should stop but I can't................................ :lol: