towel rad not getting hot

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good shout, i fitted one of them magnet filter thingies so had to drain the system off a little a few months so although i know mine is fine its a good thing for others the check :)

Not all, some are gravity fed, rely on warm water rises principal..air locks in gravity fed systems IHMO take longer to work though & clear.
Be surprised if the heating side of the system is gravity, don;t think I've ever seen gravity heating tbh. Usually a gravity system will have pumped heating and gravity water with no valves or controls.

There are some interesting made up systems though. The OP says the pipes drop down to this rad in the bathroom though, could just be that the loop over the loft is under practically no head and should have a couple of automatic air vents really.

its a closed system no head tank its filled buy turning on valves, like u would a combi.

ground floor extension so pipes arent that high

If it's a pressurised system the an airlock would have to be pretty impressive to not get cleared by a couple of bars of pressure!

Turn all the rads of bar one, get that one working, then open another one and get that working. Start from the boiler and work towards the furthest point of the system turning each rad on, bleeding and filling the system. Handy to have 2 people to keep the pressure up rather than running backwards and forwards.

If it's a pressurised system the an airlock would have to be pretty impressive to not get cleared by a couple of bars of pressure! Turn all the rads of bar one, get that one working, then open another one and get that working. Start from the boiler and work towards the furthest point of the system turning each rad on, bleeding and filling the system. Handy to have 2 people to keep the pressure up rather than running backwards and forwards.
yer its pressured at 1 bar,

will give that ago when i go back

you said start from the boiler, this is far away from the cylinder that you fill up. so would it be best to start from there?

thanks

yer its pressured at 1 bar, will give that ago when i go back

you said start from the boiler, this is far away from the cylinder that you fill up. so would it be best to start from there?

thanks
Sorry, I assumed the filling loop and pressure gauge were on the boiler. Start from the filling loop. Should be happy with 1.5 bar, taking it up to 2 for filling will be fine and let it drop once you're towards the end. If there is some sort of airlock this may push it towards the far end of the circuit rather than possibly trapping it in the middle.