Trunking & Conduit capacities

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy

Reaction score
Hi, can some one help please.

When calculating conduit and trunking capacities using the amicuss table and the multiplying factors for cables, do you only multiply by the number of live conductors (i.e all the live and neutrals for every circuit), or do you also include the cpc for every circuit in the calculation.

Hope this makes sense.

Craig

Cal;culations are always on the number of live cables, that includes nuetrals.

Or the plumber to put a few heating pipes in there. ;)
I did a pir on a school where the plumber had run a 15mm pipe in the 50mm trunking!

I had a right job explaining why I failed there electrical installation because of a plumberROTFWL

So i only count the line and neutral conductors for each circuit and ignore all cpc's.

Is this correct?

I'm confused, i thought you would add all, but then in a level 2 text book it says just use line and neutral. Had a quick look in the on-site guide and it doesn't mention what conductors to use!

I appreciate everyones reply's but does anyone know the deffinet answer as I have an exam coming up?

Thanks Guys!

dont have regs/osg here to check, but can see why you would leave the earth out of spacing calcs
You include all for spacing and can use rule of thumb, for carring capacity you only count the live cables. Neutral would be classed as a live.

You include all for spacing and can use rule of thumb, for carring capacity you only count the live cables. Neutral would be classed as a live.
yes, but the question said trunking capacities... nothing about current capacity