Up against a WALL !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrics_new

Reaction score
OK went to an ex council flat in leeds - re rewired the sockets as there was only one ring main in whole flat and test results indicated a fix.  Lighting  circuit tested ok (usual R1 + r2, IR etc).

Anyway cut a long story short and redone sockets into several circuits. Light pendants just wanted a change old dated, painted over a needed a change.

It's MI, Pyro cable and on the last light fitting the switch live cable - came off in my hand as soon as I touched it.

HOW THE F**&&**&&& can i fix this ?

the cable just snapped off as soon as I touched it.

What an afternoon ????

talk.jpg

ps the copper dot on the left hand side....... is the cable that snapped off.

nasty... looks concreted in so no re-terminating that one

it may be possible to try and solder a new bit of wire to it, but even that doesnt look promising

yes that's what I though - carefully drill a 1mm hole put some 1mm wire in and solder..................

tricky but can be done.  

And yes embeded in concrete - flat has concrete walls, floors and ceiling.

for the time being - i've fitted a ceiling light with MW sensor.  Not ideal but does the job.  Customer wants a on/off switch.

Wall lights run in trunking. Switch run in trunking. Spurred off ring (using the same trunking?)

flat has been plastered and decorated..............

wireless switch - any ideas ??????

Need a low cost solution to communicate with LED Micro Ware Switch light............ can change the light no issue.

thanks

sorry binky............... should have been more clear.

At the moment fitted a light with build in MW sensor.  But happy to change ???? to a light with a wireless switch !

it doesn't unles you want to be in the same room and turn the light off

wireless switch does seem your best option. I do believe cost effective options are available these days.