we love Tea

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
following on from a chat over the kettle this morning I went on to the UK Tea council website to confirm that some major brands alter their blends slightly in the UK depending on wether an area is hard or soft water. Anyway, there is a 'tea consumed' today counter on their site and at 11.30 am so far the uk has consumed 72 million cups of tea, thats dedication!

Well if I want at work Id prob be on about the fourth tinnie by now,

Im missing the bike racing :(

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:50 ----------

I dont drink tea,

or coffee.

Did you know

that dipping a tea bag in hot water first removes the caffiene for when you put it in your cup ???

i dont mind caffiene but the good lady doesnt

2 cups from one teabag

good job

Did you knowthat dipping a tea bag in hot water first removes the caffiene for when you put it in your cup ???

i dont mind caffiene but the good lady doesnt

2 cups from one teabag

good job
...and hung out on the washing line, or put in the tumble dryer to dry they can be used over and over again ... :innocent

Guy I work with, his dad is in the tea trade, we done some work at his old company he sold off. I was talking to the blender and he was explaining to me about making the blends to sell. A good example of regional was tesco own brand, the English one costs roughly a third of the Irish market version. Same box, same shop but English one costs less and tastes rubbish, the Irish won't buy such a poor blend so have a more expensive tastier version.

I can't confirm this as I don't like tea or coffee.

well Im from norn iron and I could believe that, my mums kettle is constantly on the boil and she is very fussy about what tea she will drink,

plus the fact that the water in ireland is a lot softer than most of england I would imagine, much the same reason guiness tastes so much different anywhere other than ireland, different water.

Being an ex serviceman i always found NAAFI teabags(brown box) to be better than anything thing else on the shelf

someone did tell me once is was a known brand repackaged but i cannot remember which

and for some reason it tasted better out of a tea urn

maybe it was the bromide in it !!!!!!!!!