Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs.. (Mulit-tool Bargains @ Aldi)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So on my way back from my last job today, popped into the local Aldi to pick up some loo-roll & beer, (as you do!)...

Whilst there have a look down their pick-&-mix selection of odd-n-sods from baby clothes to pot plants to door mats to jogging bras to paint to childrens toys to work tools..

And what do I see..

Oh they have Multi-tools back in again..  :popcorn

(always worth keeping an extra one in stock in case another breaks)

Now we all know that a few years back the expensive Multi-tools with quick-release lever mech for the blades were generally approaching £80 to £100 

and the cheapo Allen key blade fixtures were less than £50.. or getting to £30 on some deals...

So.….

WHAT DO WE FIND....???

Aldi now have a Quick-Release-Lever 300watt Multi-tool at  £19.99...??

So I obviously bought one...

But...  How on earth do they do that for £19.99 ???????????????????????????????   :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C

GOBSMACKED!   is the word!

IMG_7575.JPG

Still drinking my beer in celebration of my purchase..

Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness  

Well if it doesn't....  Like most Aldi tools it has a 3 year Warranty...

So I can get my £20 back to buy more beer if it fails before Oct 2022!!

:D   Guinness

Yes  I'd  have bought it too  !     Been meaning to take a look , but I thought it was Lidyl   who had  those offers  .  They have a German make  that is good quality . 

I've had both Aldi and Lidl tools and both are OK for occasional or hobby use. It would be daft to expect professional quality tools at these prices.

I favour Aldi due to their three year guarantee. I've used that several times when in truth I've probably abused it to death! 

I've seen that particular (Ferrex?) brand which is fairly recently introduced but not actually tried any.

Well if it doesn't....  Like most Aldi tools it has a 3 year Warranty...

So I can get my £20 back to buy more beer if it fails before Oct 2022!!

:D   Guinness
If it fails you won't get your £20 back but you will get a new tool. A mate of mine bought one a few years ago and it failed after very little use he rang the number on the warranty leaflet and they sent a new one out and weren't too bothered about seeing the receipt

Picked one up today on the pretext I was going to buy Gin 😂

Taken a photo of the receipt

put receipt in business expenses file

tool will live in van until the other one dies

it will then be hammered  used gently and if it should develop an indeterminate intermittent fault after 2.75 years it will be replaced under warranty   If I was doing anything serious then the Fein would be invoked, but I ain't been carrying that about for occasional,use withnthe chance of it being nicked by some scrote

I am using one of these. Works very well.  It replaced the previous Lidl one with allen key blade change, that lasted about 4 years before going bang one day.

If it fails you won't get your £20 back but you will get a new tool. A mate of mine bought one a few years ago and it failed after very little use he rang the number on the warranty leaflet and they sent a new one out and weren't too bothered about seeing the receipt

I've had both replacement item and proportionate money back in the past.....

I think it may pivot around if the item is still current stock or if they have an equivalent item....   In which case new item can be quickest and simplest solution...

But, we did have a kettle fail (over 12months old but not yet 36months old) into a 3-year warranty..

Had to send Kettle back with pre-paid return label...

They decided it was not repairable  AND they had no equivalent item to offer..

So we were give a refund of a little less than the original cost as we had used it for over 12 months.

Which I was happy with.

Guinness

It's  basically free or very cheap plant hire really 🤔😊
Yep. Last year while I was trying to source some new batteries for my cordless drill, I bought one of their £25 cordless drills.  It lasted 6 months before going bang, by which time I had my new batteries and I got my £25 back.

But, we did have a kettle fail (over 12months old but not yet 36months old) into a 3-year warranty..

Had to send Kettle back with pre-paid return label...

They decided it was not repairable  AND they had no equivalent item to offer..

So we were give a refund of a little less than the original cost as we had used it for over 12 months.

Which I was happy with.
Did it start leaking from the level gauge? I had just this experience and had a refund. They had a similar kettle in the local shop, at the same time, and  which I bought. 

However, why DO they put level gauges in kettles?  Seems a waste of space to me. Surely it's obvious how much water you've put in? 

Every kettle I've had for many years has died from a leaking gauge!

Did it start leaking from the level gauge? I had just this experience and had a refund. They had a similar kettle in the local shop, at the same time, and  which I bought. 

However, why DO they put level gauges in kettles?  Seems a waste of space to me. Surely it's obvious how much water you've put in? 

Every kettle I've had for many years has died from a leaking gauge!

It was the element that failed....

non-replaceable sealed unit type of thing...

So nothing I could do to repair it!!!!

:C