What PV Setup & Installer?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1012

Reaction score
I am early onto my PV journey and after some initial research I have got in touch with some MCS approved installers that will install in North East London.

Each of the installers have come back with a different design ranging from 12 panels to 20 panels! 18 would be ideal!

I have attached the diagram that looks to me most likely achievable however I still have reservations on the design due to the blue highlighted ridge line (around 20cm tall) which could/will cause shading? None of the installers have called out shading as of yet...

The 1st dormer flat roof is on a higher level to the 2nd rear dormer flat roof as well, please see attached photo's.
What is the maximum amount of panels I can install?
Is there any way of getting an accurate survey done?

Roof estimated sizes are -
Roof 1 - 490cm by 270cm (velux windows are 60cm by 60cm)
Roof 2 - 495cm by 320cm
Roof 3 - 285cm by 260cm
Roof 4 - 360cm by 300cm (Velux window 150cm by 130cm)

What would be a realistic price for the following? -

6000kW annual usage (12-15kW daily)

16 - 18 panels 415Wminimum, although happy to pay for more powerful panels if they still fit on the roofs.
6kw+ Inverter
10kWh+ Battery
Solar Optimisers (for shading?)

G99 - If we go for the above setup, my basic understanding is that we would need a G99 DNO application submitted?
Should we get this done prior to finding an installer in case the application was rejected?
What would happen if we had the setup installed and the G99 application was rejected?
*UK Power Networks is our provider, not national grid

Hot Water Cylinder - We have 250L indirect cylinder in the house that is setup to run in the early hours on the morning for 2hrs each day to heat up the water (predominantly using the boiler/Gas to heat up).
Should we put the cylinder on fully electric? I understand it would take a much longer time to heat up.

Are there any other considerations to make and any recommendations on reputable installers for London?
If the costs were too high, for the perfect setup, would it be advisable to install the panels and inverter now with wiring setup for future purchase of a battery?

Screenshot_20230820_083624_Gmail.jpg
20230816_190217.jpg