What would you have charged.......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
2 hours fault finding and rectification 6pm to 8pm Friday eve 10 mins from where you live, 1st floor flat.

what would you charge for this?

the thing is, they called in the morning but thats the soonest i could get to them. im not sure how that makes a difference but im just trying to make myself feel better! lol

the thing is, they called in the morning but thats the soonest i could get to them. im not sure how that makes a difference but im just trying to make myself feel better! lol
That is a little different. Personally I would do it at the day rate if they were pleasant, desperate and likely to offer you more work!

If they were demanding you saw them that day then normal call out + 25%? Dunno.

I suppose it depends on your "worth".

I always make a quick assesment of potential repeat work, and would charge accordingly.

You have to remember that if you charge too much, you will always be known as expensive, this has happened to me in the past and I have lost work by reccomendation because of it.

I normally charge

lol

so to sum up, i should without doubt be charging more for callouts!

you charge what your time is worth, like people have said, overcharging could cost you future business.

Charging what your comfortable with is what you should do, if your anything like me ive nothing much to on evenings so id just charge a reasonable rate plus a percentage for call out plus parts.

If i remember, last call out i did was an old couple.

Kettle with tad water in base, plus a RCD. lol electrician that did the installation didn't offer a call out service. I tried to explain on the phone but they couldn't understand at all. so i ended up there at 9.30pm on a Saturday night 5 minutes later done. i told them it would just be

while i have your attention,

what do you think you be a good price for a PIR as below:

commercial property

12 way tp&n board, fully loaded (36 circuits), on 2 floors, the board is marked up but seems wrong in places so circuits would need locating/tracing, no past reports.

its too big for me but i was just curious to see what would be the correct amount to charge.