What would you have charged.......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All circuits would have to be traced in that example.

Price wise I charge per day, and yes to do a proper PIR on a factory it takes more than 1 day.

I have just done a factory with a main section board 415V 250amp to 5 Db's and all 3p machines.

Took me three days, again no previous reports and I charged

Personally I think, if it was your decision to go to that job after normal working hours it is hardly fair to charge them extra on your rate. If they are asking you to come out of hours then thats different. IMO

while i have your attention,what do you think you be a good price for a PIR as below:

commercial property

12 way tp&n board, fully loaded (36 circuits), on 2 floors, the board is marked up but seems wrong in places so circuits would need locating/tracing, no past reports.

its too big for me but i was just curious to see what would be the correct amount to charge.
Estimate not quote for two days / 1 man . Don't do any tracing or rectifying just note it down.

Why is it too big for you Jibo ?

Personally I think, if it was your decision to go to that job after normal working hours it is hardly fair to charge them extra on your rate. If they are asking you to come out of hours then thats different. IMO
but they want you to attend that day - so if thats out of hours before you arrive, charge out of hours. if they didnt want to pay out of hours, then they could have either got another sparky to attend, or waited until you could fit them in during normal hours

Estimate not quote for two days / 1 man . Don't do any tracing or rectifying just note it down.Why is it too big for you Jibo ?
im still getting experience in PIR's and i wouldn't feel confident doing one this big.

but they want you to attend that day - so if thats out of hours before you arrive, charge out of hours. if they didnt want to pay out of hours, then they could have either got another sparky to attend, or waited until you could fit them in during normal hours
very good point andy, but i would never be able to fit them in during normal hours as im subbying 7-5 mon-fri so im fitting in all my other work after then or on a w/end

Still think it would be fair to inform them before turning up at 6.30 on time + 1/2 .