Which EV charger installer course?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eyup,
Just been asked to do my first EV charger install as part of a property development im involved with.
2 questions really,
Which course do I actually NEED to do, preferably online....

Which charger to choose ,as I imagine there are millions now.........do any of them offer installer training I wonder as I know CCTV manufacturers for example do for sure.

I have the Megger1741+ and the EV charge point adapter. Peter Ward from Megger was kind enough to personally run through this with me when I purchased it.

any advice welcome as per usual......

I would suggest you look at MyEnergi Zappi, it's one of the best wallboxes on the market, integrates with solar, Libbi batteries and EDDI energy diverter. Very robust, reliable EVSE. It also is one of the three that integrates with Octopus Intelligent GO, the very best EV tariff and gives you an opportunity to upsell. I suspect MyEnergi will have an installation course either at their factory in Grimsby or online.

fitted a few project EV chargers before. seems decent enough kit

avoid rolec. if it breaks its usually easier to replace it, their customer support / spares are non existant

any training provided by a manufacturer is almost always purely on their kit and how to install / use it, and not much of the training will be on the actual standards for it to be installed to

I would suggest you look at MyEnergi Zappi, it's one of the best wallboxes on the market, integrates with solar, Libbi batteries and EDDI energy diverter. Very robust, reliable EVSE. It also is one of the three that integrates with Octopus Intelligent GO, the very best EV tariff and gives you an opportunity to upsell. I suspect MyEnergi will have an installation course either at their factory in Grimsby or online.
Nice one John, cheers for the reply.......

fitted a few project EV chargers before. seems decent enough kit

avoid rolec. if it breaks its usually easier to replace it, their customer support / spares are non existant

any training provided by a manufacturer is almost always purely on their kit and how to install / use it, and not much of the training will be on the actual standards for it to be installed to
Hence my post mentioning training online........will look up project ev.
The customer has used podpoint before so ill see whats going on there also in regards to kit and install standards and learning.

Rolec, awkward barsteward covers on the pillar points I fitted. They used to have good customer service, but, demand seems to have outstripped their ability to cope with support. Avoid.

Most manufactures offer online courses of some sort, but you don't actually need one, just read the manuals thoroughly, and peruse the IET link Andy posted

Rolec, awkward barsteward covers on the pillar points I fitted. They used to have good customer service, but, demand seems to have outstripped their ability to cope with support. Avoid.

Most manufactures offer online courses of some sort, but you don't actually need one, just read the manuals thoroughly, and peruse the IET link Andy posted
Will do boss...........................