Which hybrid inverter for 3.6kw

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUNBATH

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for the most useful hybrid inverter and was almost into the Solis 3.6kw hybrid inverter when I came across a YouTube video praising the givenergy hybrid inverter, especially with its automatic charging function of the battery at low cost times ( octopus)

I wonder wich one you would recommend please and if not either of them which one and why.

The battery system I'm still looking for too leaning towards the pylon system.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
The new Sunsynk 3.6 kW inverter for UK G98.
MTTP 7200 watts for solar PV and 3600watts for battery check out UTube
for more information

Hi. I'm looking for the most useful hybrid inverter and was almost into the Solis 3.6kw hybrid inverter when I came across a YouTube video praising the givenergy hybrid inverter, especially with its automatic charging function of the battery at low cost times ( octopus)

I wonder wich one you would recommend please and if not either of them which one and why.

The battery system I'm still looking for too leaning towards the pylon system.

Thank you for your help
Why 3.6kW? With this size of inverter switching on loads such as a kettle and a toaster will have energy importing from the grid even though you have sufficient energy stored in the batteries. Looking at Youtube, i cant see any inverter that automatically links in to Octopus, I can see a reference to linking via Home Assistant which will link anything to anywhere, its a great app. its worthwhile checking that your inverter of choice is on the approved list in the UK.

I'm using Solis. No problems using the octopus cheap rate to charge my batterys

I appreciate all your help. I'm looking into the 3.6kw hybrid inverter because my roof can not have more panels anyway on it and it would fit well to get the easier UK g98 application form.

A YouTube video I have watched mentioned that the givenergy inverter has the benefit to automatically adjust it charging times via grid energy with the octopus agile tariff, which would be great.
But I guess I will need to look more into this. Although today I was told that the sunsynk should do this too.

Does anyone maybe use the agile tariff using an automated tarif function, but not just a time controlled charging function?

I appreciate all your help. I'm looking into the 3.6kw hybrid inverter because my roof can not have more panels anyway on it and it would fit well to get the easier UK g98 application form.
You can limit the export capability of higher powered inverters down to 3.6 kW or in fact zero if you so wish. Having batteries feeding the inverter you would have a much greater capacity the 3.6kW.

A YouTube video I have watched mentioned that the givenergy inverter has the benefit to automatically adjust it charging times via grid energy with the octopus agile tariff, which would be great.
Could you post a link to the video please.

I just found this on the octopus website direct

Some tech innovators and manufacturers have integrated with our Agile API allowing customers to set their smart tech up to run when energy is cheapest. Find out more on our the Works With Octopus hub

Here is the video where Givenergy has been mentioned

I'm still looking if sunsink is offering the same function.

With the 3.6kw I read about that it will make things easier with the g98, as some dno might act funny when they see a larger hybrid inverter in the g98 application. And I wish I could get more solar panels on top.. But roof is the limit I guess :)

But I will have a second thought about this. Thank you for your input

Latest posts