Worcester Bosch 24i/28 junior about 15 years old.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floopypep

pokey
Reaction score
Had a problem during the winter with the flow turbine sensor freezing and water leak.
Replaced the flow sensor the boiler now starts to fire up with out dhw or ch being called for.
After it lights the reset flashes fast. i replaced the pcb with a recondition one but the fault is the same.
I have checked all the sensors and they appear ok.

Has anyone come across this before or could anyone offer a solution.

Last edited:
You do realise that it does occasional runs of a few seconds deliberately ?
Can't recall exactly why but the WD repair man did tell me when I queried it a few years ago.

Had a problem during the winter with the flow turbine sensor freezing and water leak.
Replaced the flow sensor the boiler now starts to fire up with out dhw or ch being called for.
After it lights the reset flashes fast. i replaced the pcb with a recondition one but the fault is the same.
I have checked all the sensors and they appear ok.

Has anyone come across this before or could anyone offer a solution.
This is a condensing boiler so will run on initial start up to fill the syphon with condensate once this is satisfied then it will resume normal operation
You do realise that it does occasional runs of a few seconds deliberately ?
Can't recall exactly why but the WD repair man did tell me when I queried it a few years ago.
Worcester boilers have a pump anti seize function that runs the pump for a few seconds after it has been idle for 24 hours

From the Troubleshooting Guide that UNG pointed you to:

Burner on with no demand - Autofroststat. Board fault. - Test G

Carry out Test G
Yes done that i suspect the recon board is faulty sending it back and have ordered another one.
Thank you.
Is the boiler running on heating mode. IE are the rads getting hot?
Yes the radiators are getting hot am changing the pcb suspect autofroststat.