Work Boots

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riggy

Reaction score
What footwear does everyone wear/recommend?

I have been wearing Dickies hiking style safety boots, but they don't last well enough.

When making recommendations please remember that I'm label unconscious and extremely tight!

Thanks

Different job but I wear the Dickies leather work boots with a steel toe cap - the ones that you can pull on and off.

I usually have 2 pairs on the go and they will do a year

I found , over the years , that work boots/shoes don't last too long , I think due to all the crouching ( Not a footy mention!!) all my footwear splits an that crease .
its a dirty job on your knees, but it pays the bills :D

footware though, i would get something decent as feet are very important, and not just because of my foot fetish

its a dirty job on your knees, but it pays the bills :D footware though, i would get something decent as feet are very important, and not just because of my foot fetish
+1

Got to get good fitting, supportive and comfortable footwear as you don't want foot problems.. I should know - I've had foot problems all my life and now have to use clinical insoles, which are made for me especially, otherwise it feels like someone is sticking a hot, sharp knife into the side of my foot

its a dirty job on your knees, but it pays the bills :D footware though, i would get something decent as feet are very important, and not just because of my foot fetish
I know I have said this before but here it is again, my knees are shot ,should have always worn kneepads not just now its too late. :(

I also have Snickers pants with kneepads built in... can't wear those elastic things and don't really like the fact that they restrict circulation to the lower leg...

But I rarely wear a dust mask

knee pads, ear def, specs when needed all got to be done or you just end up regretting it.

there is a thunderstorm here been going on for hours, i got to go run (safty in mind)

I also have Snickers pants with kneepads built in... can't wear those elastic things and don't really like the fact that they restrict circulation to the lower leg...But I rarely wear a dust mask
Nick, don't risk it any longer , buy a pack of dust masks and don't go in a loft breathing in that vile carp without one any longer . Just look in the light beam up there after you have disturbed it ,specially the old carp , you can't breathe that stuff in M8 .

Different job but I wear the Dickies leather work boots with a steel toe cap - the ones that you can pull on and off. I usually have 2 pairs on the go and they will do a year
Nearly bought some of those then looked down and remembered I work in shorts when the weather permits.

Shorts and dealer boots? Not sure even I could look good in that!

But I rarely wear a dust mask
get yourself one of these

they last a long time, and you can shake the filter out a bit, or buy new filters.

i always use safety trainers. mostly from Makro. currently have a pair of Dewalt trainers

I buy DeWalt boots (steel toe and mid sole) from Makro.

They are normally

+1 for makro. Get yourself down there riggy if you know someone with a card or take your ids etc and open an account. Best prices for boots and workware. Cheers

I also wear dewalt ones they have steel toe caps and a steel plate in the sole.

7 years ago i stood on a drywall screw and am still suffering:(