0845 or 01273 ???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
ok im gonna get a sipgate number and i have the option of getting a local number ( 01273 ) or a local rate number ( 0845 ), what would you get?

i might be moving out of brighton in a couple of years so im tempted with the 0845, plus i think it looks more professional, but on the downside people dont like calling 0845 numbers from mobiles.

what do i do??!!

May I suggest you add a poll and we can vote?

ALWAYS a local number. If you move away you could always have the old number's calls bounced to your new number!

I wouldn't ring a 0845 number if I wanted any local service.

May I suggest you add a poll and we can vote? ALWAYS a local number. If you move away you could always have the old number's calls bounced to your new number!

I wouldn't ring a 0845 number if I wanted any local service.
good idea! i will start a poll! how do i do that?

nope i dont have the option, i will start a new one with a poll.

[edit] no i wont, im gonna go for an 01273 number and then if and when i move i will just change the number and build up a new customer base. if i even get one in the first place that is!

i use an 0845 number and found a marked increase in work. people see it as more professional.

i have even been told i can see by your number you are a legitimate business. :)

i also use the pointer to my mobile so no nusianance calls at night .

thinking on i wish i took an 0800 number .. so that may be the way to go.

Always go for a local number - show people that you are local.

and another good reason, from mobiles, 08 numbers are usually charged outside free minutes to 01/02 numbers, so whenever possible, i avoid companies with an 08 number unless they give me an 01/02 number

nope i dont have the option, i will start a new one with a poll.[edit] no i wont, im gonna go for an 01273 number and then if and when i move i will just change the number and build up a new customer base. if i even get one in the first place that is!
well you would have to start a new customer base anyway if you moved. you dont want to be traveling back there to add a socket! or if its still near, either keep same number or divert to new number as already mentioned

I may go for the 0800 option, free call for the client but always been put off paying for window shoppers enquiries.

Some companies (Vodaphone) will not give you credit if you do not have a landline No.