17th Edition Exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safelex

Reaction score
I have just taken the 2383-10 full exam today at Guildford College as an external candidate.

A couple of concerns. The college weren't sure if you are allowed the On Site Guide in the exam so they let us use them anyway.

I was on the understanding that the GOLA exam generated an instant result, but the college refused to give these and advised us that we should receive these by post in the next couple of weeks?!?!

Is this standard practice?

I wanted my results now.

Any advice appreciated.

hi took mine last year lambeth college we took bs 7671 book into the exam

got the results there and then

If exam is done on computer, you normally get your results straight away, and have certs posted later. its an open book exam so 7671 & OSG are allowed

Osg NOT Allowed - Only BS7671:2008. You will get a print out after the exam. I had mine straight away. You will have to wait for C&G to post the official certificate to your college/training provider.

TBH. The exam is based on the BS7671:2008, I see no reason to take the OSG in anyway.

Osg NOT Allowed - Only BS7671:2008. You will get a print out after the exam. I had mine straight away. You will have to wait for C&G to post the official certificate to your college/training provider.
im sure i was allowed OSG when i done my 2381.... that was in 2003 though so things may have changed by now...

OSG wasn't too useful in fairness.

Bit miffed about having to wait for the results though, on further enquiry they advised me that the results get printed out in the admin office and they will send them out 'when they get round to it'. They wouldn't divulge the results there and then or over the phone.

Although Guildford College offered the exam only for just

concur - they should not allow OSG in and the reason is because the exam is referenced to BS7671:2008 only, If you were to use the max Zs tables in the OSG you would fail those questions as the OSG is 0.8 of the ohm value in BS7671:2008

Managed, with quite alot of pestering, to get the results from Guildford College.

They told me that the GOLA results are Provisional and they prefer to wait for the confirmation and certs from C&G

Is it normal for results to change from the GOLA exam to the final confirmation?

My provisional result is a PASS. The results read as follows:

01: 100% - 02:100% - 03: 60% - 04: 85.7% - 05: 93.3% - 06: 50% - 07: 90% - 08: 100%

Still not sure what the official pass mark is. One of the college lectures advised a minimum of 60% in each section is required. In which case I should have failed?!

I'll have to see what the final results are.

Just got off the phone to C&G and they advised me all of the results will read Provisional in order for them to cover themselves due to any unforseen errors. However they said it is extremely rare for it to change in the final confirmation.

Interestingly the advisor also told me that there is no published pass mark for this exam. The GOLA system will simply issue a PASS or FAIL.

There is obviously a standard they deem necessary to meet, but they dont seem to tell anyone what that is.

Oh. by the way OSG is not permissable in the exam and wiring regs books should be unmarked (no tabs or highlighting). In theory the regs books should be inspected by the invigilator prior to the exam to check that they are 'clean'.

My invigilator wasn't bothered in the slightest.

G is not permissable in the exam and wiring regs books should be unmarked (no tabs or highlighting). In theory the regs books should be inspected by the invigilator prior to the exam to check that they are 'clean'.My invigilator wasn't bothered in the slightest.
why go to all the hassle of making sure the regs are clean and unmarked. your going to use them for your job anyway, and if its makred in that you can find things easier, whats the problem using it in an exam

why go to all the hassle of making sure the regs are clean and unmarked. your going to use them for your job anyway, and if its makred in that you can find things easier, whats the problem using it in an exam
I agree.

Latest posts