17th edition multi function test equipment advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm, nah thanks!!! I'm replacing my Megger 1730 after all that cost me 835+vat.. Which I get the vat back on and I don't need the software somim in a good position to buy new fluke, just a case of deciding between 3&4b

As for Megger 1730 MFT apprentice87 I'm really disappointed with it, especially with the rcbo/rcd tripping problem, and Megger tell you to reverse the polarity when testing... Can you imagine NICEIC man when he comes to assess and your putting red on earth and green on live!!!! :red card

we have two 1652bs and have constant trouble with them both "throwing a wobbler" extremely low and high readings, especially in cold conditions in the morning when its been in the van! spoke to loads of people but nobody's mentioned the firmware update, will try 1st thing tomorrow and see if it improves.. but i dont have much hope, the old 1651 we had is the same... prefer my old robin analogue loop tester to be honest, shame im not allowed to use it anymore :(

we have two 1652bs and have constant trouble with them both "throwing a wobbler" extremely low and high readings, especially in cold conditions in the morning when its been in the van! spoke to loads of people but nobody's mentioned the firmware update, will try 1st thing tomorrow and see if it improves.. but i dont have much hope, the old 1651 we had is the same... prefer my old robin analogue loop tester to be honest, shame im not allowed to use it anymore :(
I'll give you

Have got most of the testers, Megger(even the old windy-up) Fluke, Kewtech (old Robins) seaward, Metrel etc, etc.

From experience the Kewtech KT65 just has it at the mo, however it does depend on what your level of work is, a KT64/MFT1502 or a Fluke 1651/2 is OK for most domestic installers.

My advice is to try before you buy, what suits one doesn