17th

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a S/O on a ring where you have two seperate Earth terminals, do you guys place one cpc at each termination or place them into one terminal?
Not in the habit of doing so and not planning to start now either - I place both CPCs in same terminal folded over so as to prevent cutting CPCs with termial screw.

As for linking radial circuits with CPC - just think of the confusion that would cause when testing circuits and you find CPC linked but not Line or Neutral. It would look just like a broken ring main.

Not in the habit of doing so and not planning to start now either - I place both CPCs in same terminal folded over so as to prevent cutting CPCs with termial screw.As for linking radial circuits with CPC - just think of the confusion that would cause when testing circuits and you find CPC linked but not Line or Neutral. It would look just like a broken ring main.
here here, tho I have done in the past on some HI integrity IT install put an extra CPC across two or more radials to give an extra benefit to R1 R2, god only knows what the next guy on a PIR will think tho, Pray (now binky has mentioned it!)

The two earth terminal socket outlets have been made to specifically meet the requirements of 543.7.1.4, High protective earth currents.. cpc's must be termination independently of each other.. in j/box/ socket/ CU.. so accessories must have two earth terminals.If the circuit is NON-IT.. 'low cpc' current can terminate how you like....

When installing new sockets with two terminals I use them, whether needed or not! ;)
SORRY, just noticed, are we talking IT as an earthing system, or simply as computers and the like?