2 Growatt SPH inverters on single phase House supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjroberts

Reaction score
Good day
I have 2 Growatt SPH3600 inverters each has its own battery. They both feed in to my single phase house supply as set up by the installer.
I’ve been in contact with Growatt support over a small issue and now he is telling me that I need a Growatt smart energy manager as both inverters are going in to the same phase and do not communicate with each other. This means the batteries will cycle charge a lot more often than the 6000 times in the 10 years and the warranty will become void. These smart energy managers are usually used on 3 phase systems but can be configured to work on single phase.
Any of you clever people out there know anything about this?

Why would the installer fit 2 x 3.6 inverters on a single phase supply? Unless you have 4 arrays all on sep roofs also the master / slave set up is for an original AC install and you add another inverter with batteries?

🤷🏼‍♂️
I have 2 sets of 5kw. One east one west facing. That’s the set up I was given when purchased and had installed

Bump bump. Any idea from anyone?
Can't really help as I only have one SPH5000, but is there a reason you don't want to use the Smart Energy Manager as I suspect it may be a solution.

Personally although I have SPH5000 and it works well I am not happy with Growatt support, I have contacted them several time but never had a reply. Rather than add another SPH as I had planned I will now probably transition to Victron.

Strange, I’ve had lots of email communication with them and usually very quick replies.
No reason against having it other than the cost of having to buy the smart manager and getting it installed.
I was just putting it out there if there was a different way or if somebody else had any ideas

Can't really help as I only have one SPH5000, but is there a reason you don't want to use the Smart Energy Manager as I suspect it may be a solution.

Personally although I have SPH5000 and it works well I am not happy with Growatt support, I have contacted them several time but never had a reply. Rather than add another SPH as I had planned I will now probably transition to Victron.
I run an SPH6000 and a Victron Multiplus II together with no problems.

Good day
I have 2 Growatt SPH3600 inverters each has its own battery. They both feed in to my single phase house supply as set up by the installer.
I’ve been in contact with Growatt support over a small issue and now he is telling me that I need a Growatt smart energy manager as both inverters are going in to the same phase and do not communicate with each other. This means the batteries will cycle charge a lot more often than the 6000 times in the 10 years and the warranty will become void. These smart energy managers are usually used on 3 phase systems but can be configured to work on single phase.
Any of you clever people out there know anything about this?
What is the small issue?

Strange, I’ve had lots of email communication with them and usually very quick replies.
No reason against having it other than the cost of having to buy the smart manager and getting it installed.
I was just putting it out there if there was a different way or if somebody else had any ideas
Could you let me know what address you contact them on? I installed my inverter myself and I am wondering if they have addresses for installers that they are more responsive to? PM if you prefer. Thanks

Latest posts