Setup for Growatt Inverter and a Pylontech Battery.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting life you've had John, with masses of experience, very jealous. Just down the road from me, I'm in Saxilby.
Howdy neighbour!
It wasn't a planned career path it was kind of life pushing me along certain paths. I'm glad my working life is done, it was way too hectic at times although I feel privileged and lucky for some of the jobs I've done.

Thanks for that John.
I'll have to wait at least until tomorrow to change the settings - pain from cancer too much today and even the Fentanyl isn't giving relief - my inverter & battery are in the loft.
Looking 4wrd 2 getting the system up and running properly.
BTW, are you an engineer or an enthusiast who is self taught? You obviously have a vast amount of knowledge on this subject - and I see the number of posts you've made so you must have expertise in many other areas. Wonderful that you take the time to pass on your knowledge.
Hi. I wonder how things worked out for you? Are you happy with the combination of the growatt inverter and the pylontech battery? And does the recharging over night work?

I had today a company coming around which suggested an growatt inverter but with growatt batteries. When I mentioned pylontech batteries he just looked at me like '' how dare you to mention such cheap batteries'' ;))

@John... What a fantastic work life... Surely it can't be enough for you to just retire :))) great to have you here with all your amazing support
You gave me though quite some work with your idea to setup home assistant. I love it, but it keeps me away from my solar plan, ha ha

@John... What a fantastic work life... Surely it can't be enough for you to just retire :))) great to have you here with all your amazing support
I enjoy helping in what ever limited way I can. I thoroughly enjoyed researching and building my battery, looking back, I dont know what I was worried about LOL.

You gave me though quite some work with your idea to setup home assistant. I love it, but it keeps me away from my solar plan, ha ha
I do find HA quite a challenge at times but all in all, it's an amazing piece of free software with some very talented enthusiasts supporting it.

Hi. I wonder how things worked out for you? Are you happy with the combination of the growatt inverter and the pylontech battery? And does the recharging over night work?

I had today a company coming around which suggested an growatt inverter but with growatt batteries. When I mentioned pylontech batteries he just looked at me like '' how dare you to mention such cheap batteries'' ;))

Yes, they work great

Yes, they work great together Sunbath, but I've only had the battery for about a month so not long enough to give a decent assessment.
Growatt batteries were very expensive from the co that installed the panels and inverter. The installer himself came in at a grand cheaper, but I got the Pylontech for 2k, another grand down. I've seen the Pylontech for circa £1,500 since then though so if I'd done a bit more research I'd have really saved.
The downside I had was that I was with OVO, who had taken over from SSE - they were the supplier when I moved in in August, I'd tried to get Shell to move with me but they couldn't take my landline number with them so I dumped them. ( I had a full package with them @ my last place.) (Forgot this bit when I 1st posted) Reason for changing from OVO is that they don't do a cheap rate at night for charging batteries, they only give a cheap rate if you buy their EV charging package.
John (johnb2713) pointed me in the right direction on the overnight charging bit as the ShinePhone software has to be run on computer rather than your phone to be able to access the charging area. If you do go that way either John or I can give you the URL as using an app player like BlueStacks, stated as needed when downloading and trying to run ShinePhone, doesn't work (tried and failed miserably!).

Last edited: