Growatt inverter and batteries

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck_FR

Reaction score
Hello all, this year, i was interested to experiment photovoltaics pannels and inverter so i decided in the last june to install on my own a 2000W growatt inverter and 6 pannels with 0w of injection to the Grid. i live near Paris so the weather is not sunny every days ! From june to october, i produced almost 1Mwh. Pretty good i think. What do you think ? Now, i plan to add 6 solar pannels and a new growatt 6000 w inverter 3 phases because i have 3 phases at home. I choose a MOD6000 TL3XH so i could add batteries to this inverter. I read an old thread that talked about batteries between pylontech and growatt and my question is too simple, is it possible to connect pylontech batterie instead of growatt because it is to easy to find the pylontech.

you need to check compatibility between the inverter and the batteries, the software doesn;t always work beten different makes of inverter and battery. Personally, I would buy the batteries and inverter as a package, that way you get all the correct cables etc for the battery management system.

Thank you binky but because the specs are the same between the 2 brand, i think i can use pylontech on growatt. connectors are the same.

Thank you binky but because the specs are the same between the 2 brand, i think i can use pylontech on growatt. connectors are the same.
Most manufacturers publish a compatibility list, if you can't finf that, a quick phonecall or email to the technical help desk would a wise move. It's not so much the cables as whether or not the inverter will talk to the BMS in the battery, ie the software is compatible.