2011 Plate Vauxhall Combo Van

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky2013

Reaction score
Hey Guys n Girls

Iv got a puzzler for you!!

Streetlighter has got an 2011 Plate Vauxhall Combo Van

the van was purchased as a birthday present for him in august last year

but since having the van streetlighter is adament that there is somethin not right with the brakes!

when he depresses the brake pedel untill the pedel gets about 1/2 way depressed its like pedelling fresh air, and when the brakes are fully depressed it feels like its sliding instead of coming to a stop??

I personally have not experienced it, and nor will i be as i do not like driving the van and nor am i insured.

Im going to book it in to be checked over regardless as it worrys me to death.

My dad mentioned the possibility of a brake fluid leak?????

any ideas guys??

Well first of all...lucky Mr Streetlighter having a new van for a b/day prezzie!

It could be the fluid. may have air in the pipe and needs to be bled through personally anything to do with breaks I take to the garage. its not worth risking.

Guna get it booked in to be checked as its not been right since we got the van! Just hope it's nothing to serious

As Rev says, 2011 plate purchased last year, got to be still in manufactures warranty, get them to check it for free.

Doc H.

Could be a number of things; damaged seals; air in fluid; split pipe; excessive travel on drums; siezed piston; siezed slide pins; and on and on and on.......

Take it back under the warranty.

Streetlighter drives like a loony, and I have told him before only F1 cars need to heat up their brakes.

Lol manator I wish that was the case. But streety is a very carefull driver

Spoke to where van was bought from today she ringing bk Monday to get it booked in to be checked!

It's all go next week.... Boiler being repaired. Elecsa assessment. Elex show. Van being checked no rest for the wicked!

but surely a brand new van should not have air in the brake system??

i would of expected it if the van was older, and the brakes had a fair bit of wear on them but the van hasnt even done 8k :(

better to be safer then sorry n get it checked,

8000 miles isn't brand new as you say though it does need checking and those few miles really you shouldn't be getting problems.

Latest posts