20mm conduit capacity?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksparks

Reaction score
Hi there ive been asked at college to find out what is the maximum cable capacity of a 4 metre length of conduit with a bend in it, using single 1.5 cables, any help will be much appreciated.

osg table 5d 20mm 1 bnd factor is 256 for a 4 metre bend, factor for 1.5mm csa = 22 so divde 256 by 22 and u have your answer.

Many thanks for that information john, ive just looked in my onsite guide, and understand more what its saying now. I wouldnt of worked out that i had to divide the 2 factors tho, its not clearly.explained. Thanks again.

Many thanks for that information john, ive just looked in my onsite guide, and understand more what its saying now. I wouldnt of worked out that i had to divide the 2 factors tho, its not clearly.explained. Thanks again.
Hello akasparks, You have to understand that the On Site Guide is not a teaching book or a guide to passing exams. It is, as its name implies, a quick reference guide to aspects of BS7671, tables, procedures etc. that a practicing electrician may need whilst working on site. The opening few pages describe its intentions, purpose & scope. In simple terms it expects the reader to know how to use the figures referenced in the various tables. There are numerous other books that are guides to specific City & Guilds exams, these generally have the easy to follow guidance of how to use some of the tables in the On Site Guide and BS7671.

Doc H.