2330 204 and 206

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to take some pics of your work and to host them on Photobucket (or equivulent) and then to place the links to them on here Guys.

And Good Luck to all who are doing them.

There seems to be an awful lot of discrepancy between centres about the standards for the 204 and 206 - even looking at the pictures oin the site.

However, here is a powerpoint that I put together which helped me understand a bit better what goes on with three phase and neutral balancing.

All the best

Miggy

Star_balancing.zip

Attachments

• Star_balancing.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 52
Sorry,

Forgot to mention - although there are notes to each slide, they work best if you run the powerpoint using the slideshow icon.

I know it's sad being on this site on a bank holiday -

but the alternative is East enders..........

I would rather whip my self with a gripper rod than watch eastenders.X( X(

NWDS

I know it's sad being on this site on a bank holiday -

but the alternative is Eastenders..........
Well, forums are social networks, whether you think otherwise, is entirely up to you.

Getting depressed about watching soap operas, is another matter (As dull as they are).

Members can post and browse whenever it pleases them, that's the beauty of the internet, it's there at your convenience, 24/7.

The Boys

works for me ?:|

ill just move the pics over here >.>

Passed this saturday. Took a few pics when it was done, Just 205 to go on the 17th of June now!

Photo050.jpg

Photo051.jpg

Photo052.jpg

Ring is wired into the 20A Breaker because the 32 is knackered.

Did anyone fail?

I was told at tamworth college (which is where I'm taking mine in a couple of weeks) nobody has ever failed the practical. That may change though looking at a couple of lads work on my course.

none of our group failed, but ive seen them pass some pretty shoddy work from other classes, Bends in conduit were crushed, Switchfuse was wired into the supply rather than the load terminals, ring taken out a knockout with sharp edges no grommet, Earth not available at all points of utilization on the lighting.