2330-204

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilsandiford1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

got my 204 and 206 down at bridgwater college over the next couple of days, the 206 i'm fine with, i've got quite a bit of experience so feel confident with it.

the 204 i'm not so sure on, i understand the theory that when you measure the voltage across the choke and the lamp it doesnt add up to the supply voltage due to it being out of phase with the current.

My question is to those that have done the exam, when explaining it to the assessor is that ok or do you need to draw diagrams, work it out etc...

Cheers guys.

A general explanation normally does the trick.

As long as you're coherent and know what you're talking about and able to put it across intelligibly.

(Phasor) Diagrams etc normally get you brownie points and may be the deciding factor on whether you receive a Distinction or Credit

hey just got back from 3 days down at bridgwater doing my 204 and 206.

think it all went well tutor said it was definitely a pass anyway, just got to wait till the end of the month for the C&G verifier. :pray

Have some pictures of the install, will upload tomorrow.

Hi neilsandiford1,

How you finding Bridgwater? I enrolled on the l2 2330 last year but because of long work hours haven't been able to do any exams yet. I have found the tutors quite hard to contact sometimes....

try chris fry, i've always dealt with him never had any problems.

Always rings me when exam days are coming up.

I bought the course Jan 09, didnt sit first exam till Nov 09, then did 202, 203, 205 in Feb and just did my practicals (204 and 206) last week.

I've still got copies of all the diagrams if you want them.

Will post those pictures too.