2330 level 3 - 302 exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamoggy

Reaction score
hi,

my regs books are full of notes ive made and easier to understand quick referencing indexs ive added.

ive been told they wont let me get into the exam with my book like this.

cant rip it all out.

is this true?

also, any good tips to pass would be of much help

especially drawings for earth fault paths for TT,TN-S & TCNS

C & G rules used to be you couldn't have any information added in that wasn't originally there, so tags, cross referencing (see reg... etc), highlighting etc was ok but notes weren't allowed, now they say "clean" regs books only.

I was told, "its your copy", so if it's written in to the book it's ok, if it's bits of paper stuffed in it it's not.

I think it varies froms test centre to test centre.

Mine was clean, i don;t like writting in books, would rather keep my notes seperate.

But ask for clarification.

When I took mine, they said it was fine to write notes such as pointers etc, but not to the point where it was basically pages and pages of what we had been taught through the year. But double check first

when I done my 2382 it was positively smiled upon to have a book with notes,highlights, corners cut etc.

maybe that was because we were sparks and they liked to see we were actually using our books and making notes of the stuff we used day to day,

I'm sorry, I dont know,

perhaps ask your tutor/examiner for a definitive answer.

I remember when i did my 2382 we used our own regs book in the day,

But for the exam they gave us new regs books for the exam,

So all the tags and highlighted cross referenceing that i'd done in it couldn't be used

Hope not too late with this reply. Last week had my 302 and lots of pol took their books that were crammed

full of notes, equations and even drawings! Nothing was checked or said.

Personally I would draw the line at drawings/diagrams but that's me!

Good luck and keep us posted on your result

Well exam taken Monday just gone. Had to cover all notes in my regs book so they stapled it shut ! Grrrrr

Not sure how I've done, maybe just scrape a pass,