2351 level 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobo

Reaction score
Hi

1, I did the 2351 level 3 course a few years ago for which I got a c&g level 3 cert. I did most of the nvq, then gave it up when i went to work in Scotland. now I have this and the 2382 cert. I know it was replaced with the 2330 and now the diploma course. is this qualification still recognised or do i need to start all over again.

2, I have been given work by a builder who is renovating houses. do I just need to be on a competent person scheme to sign off work.

Hi1, I did the 2351 level 3 course a few years ago for which I got a c&g level 3 cert. I did most of the nvq, then gave it up when i went to work in Scotland. now I have this and the 2382 cert. I know it was replaced with the 2330 and now the diploma course. is this qualification still recognised or do i need to start all over again.

2, I have been given work by a builder who is renovating houses. do I just need to be on a competent person scheme to sign off work.
How long ago are your qual's... I presume you mean they were to 16th..

Your Q2, in a nutshell YES.

If you become a member on one of the competent person schemes NIC, BSI, NAPIT, ELECSA etc..

You can then sign your own work off..

Just need to verify exactly what qualifications etc.. that the scheme you want to join require.

NIC used to do an information/application pack you could ask for..

Presume they still do? but that detailed all the bits you need to do to join..

I presume the others scheme do/did something similar?

ALSO...

At the moment I presume you can follow the 'B' option for certifying notifiable work...

ie.

Electrician is competent BUT not a member of approved body to self cert their work.

Page 11 of Approved Doc P.

(Download a copy if you haven't already got one!)

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=17

:put the kettle on

Hi1, I did the 2351 level 3 course a few years ago for which I got a c&g level 3 cert. I did most of the nvq, then gave it up when i went to work in Scotland. now I have this and the 2382 cert. I know it was replaced with the 2330 and now the diploma course. is this qualification still recognised or do i need to start all over again.

If you completed C&G 2351 Level 3 (Knowledge of Electrical Installation Engineering) then you have completed your technical certificate and all you have to do now is the NVQ. Although, as I'm sure that you're aware, you will need to hurry.

Not sure how easy it is to migrate from 2351 to the incoming 2357.