2393 exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuhenry

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could assist, I need to do my 2393 certificate.

I am a qualified electrician and have been told I need only do a one day 2393course and write the exam. Just wondering if it is possible to just sit the exam.

Any advise will be very much appreciated.

Hello Stu,

Welocme to the forum.

When you say you are a qualified Electrician - You mean before the Part P - Yes?

Just trying to figure out why you need the Part P (2393)?

Hi admin, I have completed a four year electrical apprenteship and a trade test exam in South Africa. I have had my qualifications assessed by UK NARIC and the equivelant to NVQ/ City and Guilds Level 3 and 4.

Due to being made redundant recently as an M&E Manager recently have decided to start up an electrical contracting company.

I approached a training centre who have seen my NARIC assesment and was told I needed to do my 17th edition which I have done and a 1 day part P/ 2393 course.

I simply cannot afford to keep on forking out loads of cash for these courses so hoping I could home study and do the exam.

Thanks Stu,

You haven't filled out your "Location" - Completing this section has many benefits - To you and your business.

I would strong suggest that you go into the "User CP" section and add that Mate. :|

Also - on the main page (Index Page) there is a large Green button at the top - 'Directory of UK ELectricians'. You are Welcome to place your company details in there - COMPLETELY FREE of charge.