301 - passed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnymc11

Reaction score
just got a DISTINCTION today on the 301, cant believe it! got it out the way atlast :)

people that are sitting it:

review and revise the following i would say, but this is only what i got on my exam:

-Health and Safety

-Electrical components (diode's only let current flow one way...etc) few questions on that i got, basic principles

-Lux - i got one on candela

-Earthing systems (what can you use as an earth and what isolator for what system, 3 phase isolate and that breaks all phases and neutral etc..)

-Motors - quite a few on motors, cage motors and wound motor (mainly characteristics)

-Calcs - i got 2 on motors i think, capc reac, induc reac and impedence.

definatly go over H&S again, as some Q's were quite tricky... Motors are the heavier part, a few calcs, little electronic and the rest health and safety.

i can enjoy a nice Guinness tomorrow with the ENGLAND match tomorrow now.

Got my "Fault Finding" witten exam next thur, anyone did it? if so PM me or say so on this thread thanks.

GOOD LUCK CHAPS!

Well done on passing your 301, i am taking mine in four weeks ,i`m having a mare trying to get my head round all the different motors , earthing i`m ok with ,

i pasted my 17th edition and pat testing in the last few weeks and they cover alot of that in there, any adive on what to study for motors to get more of a understanding , well done again

Thanks Alan

yup done 302/303 written, fault finding etc, about a month ago now.

Wasnt as hard as tutors made out tho, not many failed to be honest.

unfortunatly not, was too long ago, cant remember them rly. was a couple about different transmission voltages. think safe isolation was on it. if i think of any more il let ya know

Thanks for your questions you posted, they have been a great help. i have the 301 exam this saturday at 2pm, ,

Thanks Again,
default_good%20luck.gif

Hi . I passed my 301 yesterday yeppeee, i scored a distinction ,i`m glad its out of the way. i start my inspection and testing the 2391 this Friday so onwards and upwards,

Thanks again for your questions i got 3 of them questions in my as exam as well. ,

Alan

Hi . I passed my 301 yesterday yeppeee, i scored a distinction ,i`m glad its out of the way. i start my inspection and testing the 2391 this Friday so onwards and upwards, Thanks again for your questions i got 3 of them questions in my as exam as well. ,

Alan
Well done.

:Applaud

NO PROBLEM! HAPPY TO HELP!

carshalton - you lucky sod getting questions on your exam, that i had given you ROTFWL

well done mate on passing though!

and good luck to the others