302 Exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve M

Reaction score
Passed my 302 practical today wasn't supposed to do it until the 12th of March but can't complain. Only got my 302 written exam to retake plus my 303 practical and my AM2 then I get my GOLD card and become an approved electrician only 10 years to late happy days.

The AM2 covers it.
Since when? You'll only get a provisional if you do the AM2 and not bother with the NVQ

Joint Industry Board

you don't even need to do the AM2 either to get a gold card - 2330 2/3, 17th and NVQ3 is all thats needed

Last edited by a moderator:
Nvq 3 is the portfolio is that right if it is then I'm doing that as well all before Easter.

Nvq 3 is the portfolio is that right if it is then I'm doing that as well all before Easter.
Yep the portfolio, if you haven't started it you'll do well to get it done before easter

Are you aware of whats needed to complete it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had it for 2 months now just havent got round to doing it yet they say it should take a good day or so. I think it's 8 jobs but with no work that will be difficult might have to re wire my own home.

I've had it for 2 months now just havent got round to doing it yet they say it should take a good day or so. I think it's 8 jobs but with no work that will be difficult might have to re wire my own home.
A day?? and the rest

It's 8 units per job x3 only one of which can be domestic, all units have to be signed off by a supervisor on site and you are visited on site once by your college/training provider

You also have to submit evidence

I'd speak to whoever your doing it with as they don't seem to have prepared you very well (not a dig)

No worries I should be alright he says famous last words. Might have to nick one soon.