3D Printer Enclosure

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the 3D printing will have to stop for a while. Laddo decided to go back to his uni house for a few weeks down in Brighton. Though he's finished uni I'm still paying for the house until August. 

So unless I learn Cura I suppose I won't be able to bring my AutoCAD models to life.

Sorry meant to message you over weekend but everything went tits up. 
it arrived during the week, but I didn’t get home until thursday after three weeks away. Then had to go do my 18th Ed exam on Friday, weekend had some legal stuff to go through and before I knew it I’m away again for another 3weeks. 
so yes I’ve got it but have had chance to look at it. 
looking at a lads Makita radio on site though it would appear that I’ll have to butcher the whole battery receiver piece on the radio as Makita batteries must have a wider receiver section than the Milwaukee. ? 
when I finally get some sensible time at home I’ll take a closer look and update you. 

mike. 

Sorry meant to message you over weekend but everything went tits up. 
it arrived during the week, but I didn’t get home until thursday after three weeks away. Then had to go do my 18th Ed exam on Friday, weekend had some legal stuff to go through and before I knew it I’m away again for another 3weeks. 
so yes I’ve got it but have had chance to look at it. 
looking at a lads Makita radio on site though it would appear that I’ll have to butcher the whole battery receiver piece on the radio as Makita batteries must have a wider receiver section than the Milwaukee. ? 
when I finally get some sensible time at home I’ll take a closer look and update you. 

mike. 

Don't butcher the Makita radio. Tbh I've a clone Makita battery that's just died. You're more than welcome to the top of that to play with. Can't post the cells as the Post Office get a bit upset.

I think I started to design a universal plate that would take the top off a Makita battery but stopped for some reason... boredom... ADHD??? Must get back on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah interesting, you mean bolt the printed to the Makita top? I’d still need to alter pin configuration to match Milwaukee inc the battery monitor pin (if that’s what it’s called?)

Ah interesting, you mean bolt the printed to the Makita top? I’d still need to alter pin configuration to match Milwaukee inc the battery monitor pin (if that’s what it’s called?)

Yes, I'm not even going to attempt to sketch it at this time of the morning and with only one coffee in me but something like this from the top down:

1 - Unadulterated Makita battery top keeping the battery contacts and push button spring arrangement.

2 - Interface plate the Makita battery top affixes to via screws into the 4 original Makita bosses

3 - The Milwaukee section like I printed for you. I see an issue with that maybe as it doesn't have provision for he monitor pin does it? (The bit I sent you wasn't my design btw). 

In an ideal world I'd design 2 & 3 as one piece otherwise it can get "deep" height wise and look inelegant. I was doing alright until SWMBO consigned my 3 or 4 carefully organised adapter projects in separate ice cream tubs, into one big cardboard box and moved it from the study. I definitely need a man cave! 

I'll try and have another look tonight, don't go cutting anything you animal! 😂

It’s certainly is, only I’ve not had much time at home so haven’t even had time to unpack the one you sent me. 
I’m hoping that I’ll get a break after the next three weeks to have some time to myself.