A Glimpse Of The Future?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peodophiles have been around since time in memorial and so have homosexuals, the only difference now is that one is in the open, and the other is slowly being stamped on with the help of the abused being more open about what's happened to them - long overdue. It might not seem like it but it is making the country stronger, peoiple with secrets can be blackmailed and do many thing to hide their true nature.

As for politicians, defo  move in the wrong direction to career politicians and greed! Mind you, I watch any history series and the blood, gore, murder, and generally power grasping of the royal family is truly appalling, never mind what the Victorians got up to behind all that pious non-sense which was the image they liked to cultivate.

Back when england was england... Before the rot set in..

Robert Mugabe once said he would not be lectured to by "a government of homosexuals" Rotten to the core this country is now, from politicians that categorically deny that they have ever been to clapham common, then when this is disproved, were. "looking for badgers" to ones thay "forget" they have £400,000 mortgages, to cyril smith and the rest of his conspiritors, as named in the newspapers, to now, [alledgedly] royalty. Why has Prince Andrew [who one presumes has done nothing wrong] not had his collar felt, or his house turned over?? Quick enough to do it with Cliff Richard....

Rotten to the core....

Where by Villa park did you live?? I do not know the area very well, but i have been to tame road a few times, which i believe is in the locality..

john....
Schoolmates 1960.jpg

I posted this before , but grew up here ,  about 3/4 mile from Tame Rd  which would be about 1/2 mile from Villa Park.

High industrial area so no one was unemployed , it was unknown back then .  Walking distance to  General Electric Co. ...Bill Switchgear ... Tufnol factory.... GKN  transmissions ,,crank shafts , cam shafts... half shafts.... back axels,...carburettas ...IMI industries .  

Whats there now ?     a load of imigrants drawing benefits and a Tesco .      Oops  shouldn't a said that .  

None of them Ducky , I took the picture , they were schoolmates .

The swagger of youth eh!    It was the safest way to go to school then I'm afraid .  

Little guy on the left died I believe ,  occupation bank robber.

Not sure about the next three .

2nd right  Electrical draughtsman .

Far right , sergeant in the Tank Regiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Binky,

Agree with what you said.. The point i was making is the corruption.. Look at the way the banks carry on for a start off. The point i was trying to make with Cliff Richard, is that some people are more equal under the law than others, with politicians [and royalty] being exempt from it all....

john..

Hi Deke,

Agree with what you said too!! Great picture!! The place i used to go in Tame road has closed down, gosling packaging or something they were called. I was there one morning well early, when all of a sudden i could hear this terrible wailing. One of the terraced houses [with bay windows] had the upstairs windows wide open, and Tannoy speakers like railway stations used to have poking out. From said speakers issued forth what i imagine must have been the islamic chanting stuff. Sounded like cats being strangled only louder. There were a few "ethnic" looking types dressed as goat herders milling about too.....

Not good!!!!

john..

and i was trying to make the point that corruption is nothing new. I actually think it was worse in the past, but having enjoyed a period of relative decency we seem to be slipping backwards again. Public service used to be regarded as a position of honour and respect.....

Calling the faithfull I believe , Apprentice .

I despair to be honest ,  how can governments of all types justify saying that mass immigration is  "a good thing and brings prosperity" and then ..as all the huge factories and employers disapeared one by one , we stopped making cars & everything else........they allowed , over a 20 year period , this city (and many others)   to be swamped by immigration .

And as all those employers have gone , where does the government imagine all these wonderful , prosperity bringing immigrants actually work & where does their , now , two new generations also work ?  

What a bleedin' situation ... thousands of immigrants drawing benefits funded by whom ?     :C    

Two generations now, of white , unskilled , pasty faced English who have lost the will to work or look after their own futures, fuelled only by weed, fags , cheap lager , daytime telly & child benefits . 

Havn't even got the gumption to start a car cleaning site  , drive a mini-cab or open a chippy .

The area Apprentice has mentioned , once had dozens & dozens of buses lining up at clocking off times  as did many other parts of the city ,  Fort Dunlop,  for the tyre workers , The Cincinatti Machine Tool site ...Austin/Rover at Longbridge... Morris Commercial Vans and Metro -Cammel Rail Carriage Works at Washwood Heath ....the Stuarts & Lloyds Steel Works ..and the old Rootes Group  , Hillman , Humber , Sunbeam etc cars ...Triumph Motors on the Covo Road  ................................how can you loose all these companies  AND swamp the city at the same time  AND remain economic ?

We let it all slip away  , starting with the Motor Cycle industry , many made in the Birmingham ,  BSA , Triumph, Velocette , James,  Ariel , Norton . The Japanese came with a much more attractive product  & blew it all away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts