Accenta SL8

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My parents alarm is playing up.

It's an Accenta SL8 (4 years old) and the remote keypad is beeping between 3 and 4am, sometimes once and sometimes more often. Entering the user code seems to do nothing and they just have to wait 5 mins for the beeping to stop. He says that he never altered any settings for the service timer or anticode, however he also did not enter the time / date when he installed it, because "with it not having a display its irrelevant"....

Any ideas??

My parents alarm is playing up.It's an Accenta SL8 (4 years old) and the remote keypad is beeping between 3 and 4am, sometimes once and sometimes more often. Entering the user code seems to do nothing and they just have to wait 5 mins for the beeping to stop. He says that he never altered any settings for the service timer or anticode, however he also did not enter the time / date when he installed it, because "with it not having a display its irrelevant"....

Any ideas??
anything weird on any electronic system I always first check internal batteries are OK?

if you say 4 years old.. battery may be due for replacement..

a lot of your typical YUASA type rechargeable have a 4-5 year recommended lifespan? :)

I have only discussed it with them tonight!!

I thought that batteries had a 10 year life span, especially as my parents almost never have any powercuts so it's running on mains all the time!!

I did tell them to put it into engineers mode for tonight to see if it helps, also to try a full reset and then reprogram tomorrow.

I will probably end up getting them a new battery on Monday though!!

And when you fit the battery you'll have to turn the power off! A nice re-start might do the trick. :)
Never..

Always leave the mains on, stick it in engineers mode, open the cover and replace the battery or the bell box will go off when you disconnect the supply battery!!

I have only discussed it with them tonight!!I thought that batteries had a 10 year life span, especially as my parents almost never have any powercuts so it's running on mains all the time!!

I did tell them to put it into engineers mode for tonight to see if it helps, also to try a full reset and then reprogram tomorrow.

I will probably end up getting them a new battery on Monday though!!
I would agree do batt first.. then see what happens. :)

In the Yuasa battery part of Maplin website

Rechargeable Lead-Acid Batteries Maplin

their bumf says...

A range of premium brand, maintenance-free, sealed construction lead-acid batteries combining small size with high output and long life. The batteries are classified as non-spillable , having unique sealing techniques to guarantee that no electrolyte leakage can occur. A service life of 5 years should be expected if the batteries are used most often in the floating or standby modes of operation. When charging do not exceed 25% of the battery charge rate e.g. 8Ah capacity, max charge should be 2A. All the batteries have a pair of moulded-in blade terminals which can accept the 1/4 (6.35mm) push-on connectors shown in the Connectors section.
Some of the cheaper battery brands can have a shorter life!

:D

Ah well, there you go.......you learn something new everyday!!

Cheers
as you say they have had no changes with the programming / setting etc..

so I would just guess.. battery is gettin a bit old.. drawing more juice from charger..

something a night may be kicking in on mains supply causing short temp blip in power to panel, throwing a wobbler. ;)

unless a circuit board has gone AWOL... but that more unlikely than Battery.

you may have one of the zones on chimb

on key pad press chimb then 0 this should clear it

As stated by others the standbye battery will be creamed, they start to cook dead cell drawing additional voltage frpom the tiny psu.Unplug battery leads and leave for 5 mins transformer will cool down.shouldnt need to reprogram panel.

wouldnt thought the chime would be activating 3 or 4 am unless pir on landing and picking up someone on way to the loo.why are they awake at that time in the morning.

I phoned them this morning and told them it would prob be the battery, I think they were planning on going to a local shed to get a replacement today.

However last night I told them to put into engineer mode and it didn't go off!

This could be a dodgy battery and certainly no harm in replacing it, I always change batteries every three years as a matter of course.

The problem could also be a faulty keypad, keypads sometimes develop a fault whereby one button randomly makes contact causing a keypad bleep each time it does it.

No idea why it only happens in the middle of the night though.

As stated by others the standbye battery will be creamed, they start to cook dead cell drawing additional voltage frpom the tiny psu.Unplug battery leads and leave for 5 mins transformer will cool down.shouldnt need to reprogram panel.wouldnt thought the chime would be activating 3 or 4 am unless pir on landing and picking up someone on way to the loo.why are they awake at that time in the morning.
Because the ruddy alarm panel woke em up!!!!! :D :D:) :^O :^O:^O

actually wots wrong with 3:00am?

i think one or two person's not that far remote from this forum are occasionally up at that time!BlushingBlushing:p:p