Accenta SL8

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could be a dodgy battery and certainly no harm in replacing it, I always change batteries every three years as a matter of course.The problem could also be a faulty keypad, keypads sometimes develop a fault whereby one button randomly makes contact causing a keypad bleep each time it does it.

No idea why it only happens in the middle of the night though.
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley wise move Oliver, I have a standard letter I post out to customers with alarms I have fitted or previously replaced battery on, at around 3 - 3&half years from previous battery, remind them its a good idea to organise replacement within next 12 months, give them a price as well...

normally then get a prompt call back saying ... cant you come and replace our battery please? :D

Used to up and about when called out AAAH the good old days,must admit expected that reply.

Only theives and vagabonds out and about at that time should be tucked up in bed this weather. I know not to bad today.

sounds like a dodgy circuit board to me. battery fault would not cause any bleeping. i would change for new generation accenta and they have lcd keypad which can be good selling point...............but the standby battery does need replacement after 4 years.