Adding detector

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
A room is being split into 2 in an old folks home so I will need to add a new detector for the new room. Panel is a conventional 8zone without redcare (dial out) How do I manualy add the detector in on the panel? or will it see it automatically.

A room is being split into 2 in an old folks home so I will need to add a new detector for the new room. Panel is a conventional 8zone without redcare (dial out) How do I manualy add the detector in on the panel? or will it see it automatically.
I take you mean its a fire panel, if so then you need to go from that original take (one of the cables)old cable out and re-route to new detector position and put a iece of pf200 or equiv back between old and new detector bob is your uncle and phannys your aunty :^O

if that detectors is end of line already take the resistor out of it route new cable to new point and replace resistor in new one Job Done!

View attachment 278

sorry badge, i should have explained better. I know how to wire it in, just not weather a conventional system needs it commissioning or adding into the pannel. but thanks!

sorry badge, i should have explained better. I know how to wire it in, just not weather a conventional system needs it commissioning or adding into the pannel. but thanks!
a coventional system using resistors thingys :^O will automatically see it as just another device on the line, where as a addressable panel uses chippies (and fish) :^O to see devices individually... hth

The new detecter will have to be commisioned (tested )also advisable to test detector before and after the new one fitted.

The panel should see the new detector automatically if connected correctly as badger has said conventional not individually addressed.

good testing

Testing as in, with canned smoke? Next door neighbour owns his own fire alarm company so will have to ask him next time i see him.

Perhaps some of you on here who know more about fire alarm requirements can comment on this idea:

How about fitting a standard Aico smoke on an RF base into the new room. Then at the panel fit an RF base with a relay unit and connect it into a spare zone. No need to go chasing out any existing wiring in existing room, though you would need to provide an FP200 type cable to the smoke.

Perhaps some of you on here who know more about fire alarm requirements can comment on this idea:How about fitting a standard Aico smoke on an RF base into the new room. Then at the panel fit an RF base with a relay unit and connect it into a spare zone. No need to go chasing out any existing wiring in existing room, though you would need to provide an FP200 type cable to the smoke.
It would all depend on what grade was being called for in the first place.

Perhaps some of you on here who know more about fire alarm requirements can comment on this idea:How about fitting a standard Aico smoke on an RF base into the new room. Then at the panel fit an RF base with a relay unit and connect it into a spare zone. No need to go chasing out any existing wiring in existing room, though you would need to provide an FP200 type cable to the smoke.
Fire tuf must be used to the sounders, detection doesnt matter as it should be monitored.

You dont fit FT to domestic smokes.

Fire tuf must be used to the sounders, detection doesnt matter as it should be monitored.
I thought this had been dropped and now had be a minimum of FP for all circuits, detection and sounder.