Advertising

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
Were does everyone advertise??

Im looking to start doing a bit of advertising it cant do any harm.

Any free places??

Were would you all recommend

large van, signwritten is a good start. go park up somewhere when you dont have work

Yell etc - have been useful, but barely pay for themselves

flyers - 99.5% probably get thrown straight in the bin without being read

Letters - more expensive, but get a much better response than flyers

And the best of all... recommendations, but that doesnt get you much to start with until your more known

Post office ads,,,,parish magazines ?

do you have any local magazines that get pushed through your letter box ?

i have just spent

get an advertising board made up, and stick it outside the place your working in, even if its next to your van. more likely to get attention.

busy working on a shop at the moment so stuck it outside... people are constantly walking upto the window and looking in, so moved sign to window. still got no calls from people saying they got the number from the sign, but hopefully they will remember the name

I agree with the above , signwritten van and (for domestic work) local paper, free paper. They reckon with Yellow Pages that people only look at the first entries in any section.

I agree with the above , signwritten van and (for domestic work) local paper, free paper. They reckon with Yellow Pages that people only look at the first entries in any section.
or first entries on the page they open it to

Most look on the net now Gents.

And with proper area keywords you're laughing.

Hence why I say to put all areas that you cover. (Preferably Town, Villages, Cities - you get the picture).

Yes it may be time consuming, but it is there.

From the Areas and other keywords that I have done, we get an excellent ranking in Google with them.

Try it. ;)