Advice on Ultra Quite Contactor - Underfloor Heating

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucioGodoy

Reaction score
Hi All;

I have a flat with 6 areas warmed via underfloor heating. Each of the areas are controlled by its own thermostat Microline Ultra-Thin Thermostat with display, and there are 2 models used:

2 x OTN2-1991 with floor sensor (bathroom)

4 x OTN2-1999 with built-in room sensor (other rooms)

Microline Manual Link:

Power is applied on Microline terminals 1 and 2, via the setup explained below.

These 6 individual areas are combined into 3 major areas. These major areas are controlled via its own contactor HAGER ES 200 (25A/230V) controlled by a Drayton Timer.

Because of the "clank" noise when contactors are switched-on/off and the humming noise when on, I decided to replace this mechanical system with a Solid State Contactor (Croydon CRKA2430).

Great!! the clank and humming noise are gone!! However due to the way the Solid State Contactor operates, I noticed that there is a voltage leakage of about 16VAC, enough to mess-up the programming on the Microline Thermostat.

Not sure how to resolve the voltage leak, but my question is: Do you know of any 25A Ultra Quiet contactor, that will not make a huge clank and humming noise pls?

Many thanks

Lucio

Can't guarantee it not clanking but you could change the coil to a DC one , that should stop the humming .

A lot of these electronic solid state   switching devices  don't  have the mechanical 3mm contact separation....tend to leak current... and sometimes just do not mix with other devices. 

Andy, not sure that's the right address, thanks

Can't guarantee it not clanking but you could change the coil to a DC one , that should stop the humming .

A lot of these electronic solid state   switching devices  don't  have the mechanical 3mm contact separation....tend to leak current... and sometimes just do not mix with other devices. 
Ok, thanks

Latest posts