Aeg 493321I Mn Freestanding Electric Cooker Not. Working.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought I would give a update. I contacted AEG and they confirmed cooker is under warranty and still valid. I explained the problems with cooker to them and gave error codes. They sent a Engineer out today from the company Service Force. The Engineer who came had not been given the information I provided on the phone. And appeared to have no knowledge of AEG cookers.

All he did was check cooker was wired in properly, which it was. Then he had to phone 3 different people to fine out what error code ment.

He tried to tell me that one of the caping screws that hold the links in place was too small. And that that's the problem. It screws in fine and holds the link in place tightly. Could this really still be the problem or is he just fobing me off as doesn't know what problem is. Can you believe he does not have any screws in his Van so some one will have to come back out next week.

In the mean time I'm still left with out a working cooker.

Is it normal for them to just check wiring and not check any thing else. I was suprised he did not run any diagnostics or check any thing else is this normal

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance

I would call AEG back and make it clear this is completely unacceptable. Point out the engineer that called had no knowledge of these ovens, that this is causing real difficulties for you and you want it resolved this week.

My mums boiler failed recently. Ariston had an engineer out, complete with parts, within 24 hours fix it.

I just thought I would give a update. I contacted AEG and they confirmed cooker is under warranty and still valid. I explained the problems with cooker to them and gave error codes. They sent a Engineer out today from the company Service Force. The Engineer who came had not been given the information I provided on the phone. And appeared to have no knowledge of AEG cookers.

All he did was check cooker was wired in properly, which it was. Then he had to phone 3 different people to fine out what error code ment.

He tried to tell me that one of the caping screws that hold the links in place was too small. And that that's the problem. It screws in fine and holds the link in place tightly. Could this really still be the problem or is he just fobing me off as doesn't know what problem is. Can you believe he does not have any screws in his Van so some one will have to come back out next week.

In the mean time I'm still left with out a working cooker.

Is it normal for them to just check wiring and not check any thing else. I was suprised he did not run any diagnostics or check any thing else is this normal

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately many large service organisations use technicians  (often 3rd party outsourced labour), with limited spares to attend a first call to identify what a fault actually is. This allows them to legally advertise 24hour call out response, which is different to 24hour call and fix. Your warranty will probably make no mention of response times or how quickly a problem will be fixed.

Doc H.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you said he had to call 3 people, it really does sound like the poor s*d got told to visit you as he was available. I would say he is fobbing you off until they can get some one there who knows your cooker inside out.

That is the problem with white goods, you really need a dedicated person for each brand, as unless they really have worked on thousands of them, each brand has its own unique problems / way of things being done.