After 2330 level 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davezilla1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me or give me some advice, where should i go once i finish my 2330 level 3 course?

Have you done your 2391? As others have said things arnt looking good out there at the moment with time served sparks struggling for work. Are you looking for advice on which courses to go on next or where to find work? Good luck in whatever you do mate and keep your chin up and keep on trying cos it ain't gonna be easy. Cheers

That's what I love about Britain and the British.

So negative!

Right Davezilla. You were a bit vague on your background. Have you got any actual work experience? If so what? Domestic? Industrial? Agriculture? Maintenance?

Maybe try and get some experience in all fields if possible, give yourself a broad knowledge base to work on/from.

I also ask about experience so you you can be realistic on what to expect, be expected to do.

As for electrical courses, look into doing your 17th Edition next then possibly your 2391 Inspection and Testing (how academically smart are you?), or else leave the 2391 for a while till you gain a bit more experience.

Other courses or quals that may come in handy (though not for domestics).

IPAF (scissor lift and cherry picker)

CSCS Card

Compex.

Hope this has helped some?

Good luck and keep us updated

deffo the 2382 17th Edition full 60 question or the 30 question brush up course and exam, then maybe the EAL building regs including Part P and then your 2391 Insp & test.

Possibly also the NVQ 3 if you want to be employed on a building site etc and want to be classed as an electrician by the JIB otherwise if your going self employed, you'll not need it unless you want to register on a scam before January 1st 2012....be quick!