Air Rifles

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@kerching, is it for an air rifle?
Yep....mainly for working on it but also so I can lock it solid for zeroing the scope and working out the MiL dot hold over/under for different distances. Just been playing with it at 25 metres, shooting at a cardboard box....bit noisy as it was going through the cardboard and hitting some Ali steps behind.  So filled box with a cushion, no difference as the pellets went through that as well..so hung an old car floor mat behind, that worked!IMG_2957.JPG

So today was a good day

my mates brother in law was over for the weekend, and brought his toys

so we had 

2 s410.      .22

2 beretta 9mm.   .177

broom handled Mauser BB

sig Sauer  assault rifle BB

after mullering a few targets my mate set up a couple of little brass bells at 18m. The trick was to hit the clanger and not the bell

then we progressed to splatter targets at 30m, then 35m

then it got silly and we went on to shoot Single cores of alarm cable at 20m, then a piece of string with a weight on it. That was tricky but doable

I used to make steel knock down targets. Basically life size pigeons & rabbits on a base you with a hole in the head. Base gets pegged to the ground. Pellet goes thru the hole, hits a lever that drops the whole thing flat. You reset it upright with a long string from the firing position. 

Still debating a re-blue. However I'm now debating a lathe for a fair bit more...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes. I see what you tried to do there. Yes. Very good

It wasn't really was it? 😂

I'm feeling flippant & arsey as the lathe I went to look at last night wasn't quite what I was after so I didn't buy it. Got that "didn't get a new toy" feeling. That and maybe I should have bought it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a small hobbymat screw cutting lathe....about 10/12" between centres.  I then got given a Denford Viceroy , a bit like a Boxford. About 24" centres BUT no screw cutting.  I can ruin metal on either model😂

I just picked up an old 3.5" Grayson lathe (from Pontefract). They get a good write up. Came with a milling head too. Has a Myford ML7 3 jaw chuck fitted:

IMG_20210508_215621.jpg

IMG_20210508_215518.jpg

IMG_20210508_215621.jpg

IMG_20210508_215713.jpg

IMG_20210508_220357.jpg

Came with a homemade angle iron bench:

IMG_20210508_215430.jpg

IMG_20210508_215602.jpg

IMG_20210508_215541.jpg