Air Source Heat Pump Grant

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of the reason we have woodburners is that I don't like being dependent on a single energy source. As the owner of a Victorian terrace house, we had to do something with the chimneys regardless, to prevent damp issues. So closing the open fire places with the wood burners cuts down the draughts, keeps the chimneys dry, and the chimney breast makes a great storage heater.

If I was building a completely new property, I would want to build to passive haus standards, but would still probably have something like a woodburner, just in case. I have trust issues 😃

Part of the reason we have woodburners is that I don't like being dependent on a single energy source. As the owner of a Victorian terrace house, we had to do something with the chimneys regardless, to prevent damp issues. So closing the open fire places with the wood burners cuts down the draughts, keeps the chimneys dry, and the chimney breast makes a great storage heater.

If I was building a completely new property, I would want to build to passive haus standards, but would still probably have something like a woodburner, just in case. I have trust issues 😃
Wood burners are amazing, the heat feels so different, the smell, the flames, lovely.

Latest posts