AM2 Assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxc01

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just finished my second day on AM2, half a day left tomorrow for inspection and testing. Does anybody else have an issue with the center they sat their AM2 at? I've been wasting so much time on installation through missing screws, dodgy accessories that take 4 times as long to wire as a decent one etc.

My fault finding went semi ok - found 4/7 faults and rectified all 5 of the other section, but again, all we had to work with was a Di-log voltage tester, which happened to test for continuity; but you try testing between points that are 2 meters apart! This assessment centers answer was to put a connector block on to one of the probes and wire a meter a single core of .75 flex into it! Anybody else had this issue?!

Cheers!

i only tried once with any part. if screw didnt tighten, i got it changed. they were OK about it and didnt say just to use it or anything. i didnt really have that problem with the tester. just about everything i needed to test was within reach or probes

We've got these damn timers on the wall, I had 3 mins left to connect up a couple of cables in my remote stop/start, and 1 terminal was shot.

As there's only one assessor who is overseeing testing, you end up wasting 2 mins just to ask him to get a new part, its an absolute joke! Oh well, have to see how tomorrow pans out!

Thanks

Latest posts