AM2 Documents

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozzer

Reaction score
Well, my first post here so thought i'd make a contribution.

I have my AM2 coming up and obviously am getting as prepared as I can... I found this forum while looking for some AM2 related documents, which helped.

I have been given a file by the tutors at College which I haven't seen on the internet anywhere yet so I thought it might be beneficial to even more people if I shared it here.

PDF Leaflet found on this forum:

http://cg-electricalservices.co.uk/docs/AM2Leaflet.pdf

AM2 Powerpoint presentation (Extensive...)

http://cg-electricalservices.co.uk/docs/AM2Composite.ppt

Hope this helps someone as much as it's helped me.

Regards.

Hi mozzer,

Thanks for the links. Ive got my am2 tomorrow so if very usefull. ive been looking for ages for a good walk through of the exam so hopfully it will go well now

Cheers

AM2 was nowhere near as hard as people made it sound. fairly easy. just make sure all connections are tight - most accessories have been used loads of times so screw heads are no good

definatly not as hard as made out

watch out for the bonding clamps, they absoloutly did my head in

IIRC, dont they have the pipes opposite way, so one clamp goes on top half, and other on bottom half or something?
cant remember now but i think so.

all i remember was trying to get them tight when they were totally ruined

trying to get the connections tight in the sockets but couldnt. he went round and pulled on all my connections and some came out as sockets had been used 10 milion times.

if you cant get something tight in an accessory, remove it and ask for another. dont risk having something not fully tightened what you could fail on (but i was told that if the assessor did find something loose, they would try and tighten if - if they couldnt, they wouldnt make it as a failure)

Latest posts