Any telephone bods on here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_k

Reaction score
Afternoon.
I've been tasked with linking up an existing office telephone switching system (panasonic 206) to the new virgin media fibre router.
The existing system has 2 analogue lines,these are the standard a/b wires (2 pairs of) which go to 2x CO ports on the panasonic.
The new vm router presents 2x standard telephone jack sockets.
What wiring pins do I need to go from on the VM jacks to the router?

Cheers
Chris

A normal BT / Uk style telephone plug will have the A and B pair on 2 and 5, think its B on 2 and A on 5 but don't quite me on that.

I'm uessing you are probably best buying a couple of BT to RJ11 leads https://boxed2me.co.uk/product/cdl-...0029?msclkid=46d53fcfe07f13d6e9e65b99935f3b1e and cutting off the ends to wire into the connectors on the PBX.

Not sure how it'll react to the new VOIP sourced lines, but all you can do is try it and see

Before getting excited check the spec on the virgin box. A lot of the 'Fibre to analogue telephone outputs /converters are only good for 2 basic telephones at a time (more if cordless /electronic)

Afternoon.
I've been tasked with linking up an existing office telephone switching system (panasonic 206) to the new virgin media fibre router.
The existing system has 2 analogue lines,these are the standard a/b wires (2 pairs of) which go to 2x CO ports on the panasonic.
The new vm router presents 2x standard telephone jack sockets.
What wiring pins do I need to go from on the VM jacks to the router?

Cheers
Chris
I think someone else has replied giving you the pinout, and just connecting the analog PBX to the router may or may not "just work" because there are some differences between what a real BT exchange analogue line did, and what a cheap ATA in a router does (things like line reversals at the end of a call to signal that the other end has ended the call and the exchange line is now free for new outgoing calls).
The customer may get a better experience by scrapping the PBX and buying some VoIP phones.

Latest posts