Anybody Familiar With This Eberle Control.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Working in a flat today which has one of these controls.

There a four rooms, each has a thermostat and has (or used to have) 1 or 2 convector heaters. On the face of it I assume that this control is just a clock controlling the four zones and each of the four rocker switches enables the user to choose between timed (AUTO), HIGH & LOW for individual zones.

Now I would understand if these choices were AUTO, ON and OFF - but HIGH and LOW implies different levels of heating and not just ON and OFF. But I can't see how this is achieved.

I tried experimenting with the stats and the timer/override switches but only the stats seemed to actually have any effect.

In the CU there is a 5A fuse marked HEATER CONTROLS and 30A marked HEATERS. The 30A appears to be a RFC. I'll test this in due course.

As I said each of the rooms used to have 1 or 2 covector heaters - some have now been replaced with storage heaters.

Flat is currently empty - previous occupier has died - so nobody to ask how set up works or if clock has deliberatley been bypased!

Anyone seen this set up before?

Anyone have any info/instructions for this timer EBERLE 610/4 ? (I have tried Google)

Thanks.

Had a closer look today:

Clock is fed from 5A fuse.

When in LOW time period or switch in LOW position 230V (L&N) is fed from clock to two terminals on stat.

Heaters are connected to 30A RFC via FCU.

Using two different terminals in stat, L load side of FCU is fed to stat and when stat closed L is fed back to brown conductor in flex for heater.

These last two terminals in stat simply close when stat is turned down even when no power at other two terminals.

I wonder is the intention here that when the first two stat terminals have 230V across them (LOW setting at clock) it will stop the other two terminals closing regardless of the stat setting/room temperature?

Hope that makes sense ......