Anyone been with JTL?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my boys just finishing his am2 this week, done his apprenticeship thro JTL. ask away and i,ll help if i can.

How many days is college? And what happens if youre employer cant give you anymore work?

How many days is college? And what happens if youre employer cant give you anymore work?
my boy was at college approx 3/4 times a year for three weeks at a time,

thought he was going to lose his job last christmas, got hold of JTL but they didnt seem that interested/helpful about helping to find him another job. he has also found he has to chase them to do their onsite assessments for his NVQ bit. headbang

Sounds about right with regards to JTL Nutsy, I was with them 12 years ago and they generally couldnt give a toss back then.AndyGuinness
still dont mate,looking at their website you'd think their the dogs ******** but in reality they are carp. only thing is if the company taking on the apprentice is registered with them it doesn't cost them anything to send the apprentice to college, only their wages.

still dont mate,looking at their website you'd think their the dogs ******** but in reality they are carp. only thing is if the company taking on the apprentice is registered with them it doesn't cost them anything to send the apprentice to college, only their wages.
I completed my apprenticeship with JTL (North Wales) about 2 years ago. They where fantastic with me and I can't praise my trainig advisors enough.

With regard to the original question basically I was in college for 2 days a week for the first year, 1 day a week the 2nd, full time at work for the 3rd and full time for half of the 4th year (finished early).

As mentioned your employer will be the one who sorts your holidays etc out.

You will only get out, what you put in.

GS

Glad you found them ok mate. My boys done am2 stuff now, but trying to get hold of JTL bloke to do his photos etc for his portfolio is a nightmare.

I did the jtl test 2years ago, as of yet they didnt find me anything!! But i did manage to get myself voluntary work with another spark who is registered with the niceic.

Trust me dont waste your time with JTL, its load of B*******